Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Like Watching Paint Dry

John had his last final today and FedEx was supposed to bring us boxes to pack our books in. So I was stuck inside all day. By myself. And, to make matters worse, because John was studying all day yesterday I felt compelled to be productive and did a lot of packing then. There wasn't much left to do today.

Here is what I accomplished:

I got my blood test results from the health center (normal, of course). I thought I was going to have to pick them up, but they e-mailed them to me! Much easier. Don't worry, the test was a normal thing they do during pregnancy and the only reason I want it is because I don't want anything that was done for free over here redone for monies back in the US.

I looked into renting a car so we can drive ourselves and our mountain of luggage to the airport on Friday but my looking mostly led me to believe that it's not going to happen. If British people prefer manuals how come the rental companies always run out of automatics?

I got an e-mail from SOS (Southern Order of Storytellers) saying that they are holding auditions which will supply them with tellers for the next year's worth of events. They accept submissions by mail so I started thinking about what I might send them.

That's about when the thumb twiddling began. I talked to Amanda for a little while and then I spent a long time reading. I really wanted to read on the back porch and enjoy the nice weather, but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to hear if someone came to the door.

Needless to say, the FedEx guy never came, but John has agreed to be housebound tomorrow so I can run errands in town.

No comments: