Thursday, June 4, 2009

The End

After today I will no longer be "An American Librarian in Norwich, England" so the blog will stay up as a record but I won't be adding any new posts. If you miss me you can always visit my other blogs, although they aren't so much about my personal life.

What I Really Think is where I review juvenile books I've read. I managed to read quite a few British juvenile books during my stay here and thoroughly enjoyed experiencing the unadulterated text. (British books published in America tend to be edited to take out colloquialisms.)

Sound and Sense is a blog I started recently which should get more attention now that I am done with this one. It is a place for me to muse on the relationship between the spoken word and what it means using mostly everyday examples. This is an area of interest for me, but I am in no way an expert.

So, this is it! John and I are packed. I spent the day cleaning. I cleaned both bathrooms, although the lower one really just needed a once over after the most recent cleaning. I cleaned the kitchen counters and floor. I want to say, the kitchen floor was particularly gruesome and wasn't really clean even when we first moved in. I also vacuumed all the rooms as much as I was able with our pitiful power sweeper.

John pitched moving to England to me by reminding me that I wanted to "have an adventure." An adventure it has surely been, between learning to live in a foreign country and learning to live with John. (Remember that we moved immediately after getting married.) I know that we will always look back on our time here fondly, but it is with excitement that we embark on our next "adventure."

2 comments:

Danny said...

Here's to endings and new beginnings.

Denise Des Soye Mount said...

well done m'dear, well done