Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Goodbye Guitar

So, it's farewell to the purple velvet marshmallow. I looked into getting a hard case so the guitar could travel on the airplane today and there were a couple of problems.

1) There were no hard cases for 3/4 size guitars in all of down town Norwich.

2) The full sized cases cost more than the guitar did when it was new.

Based on these facts I am forced to conclude that although my lovely guitar has served me well the time has come for us to part. It is not meant to travel abroad.

As for my playing, do you think if I played air guitar on a street corner with a hat out I could raise funds to buy another real guitar?

Actually I have access to a guitar at home until I can save up for a nice one.

1 comment:

Star Wars Fever said...

that's sad :(

However in the interest of Rock & Roll, i vote you have one last performance. At the end, be sure to smash it and light it on fire! It's the only proper burial.